Since its inception, Break Dengue managed to reach millions, informing and educating the world about dengue fever, while developing an integrated program to combat the disease. But we need to do more.
That’s why Break Dengue and The International Society for Neglected Tropical Diseases (ISNTD) have joined forces to bring your voice to the 74th UN General Assembly with an Open Letter petitioning them to designate a World Dengue Day!
Imagine a world where all people in at-risk areas:
- are aware of the existance of this disease
- have the correct tools and information to protect themselves
- are protected from the vector (aedes mosquito)
- are actively protecting their communities against dengue
- have access to efficient and affordable healthcare solutions
We can all break dengue together!
That’s what the Global Dengue Day is all about – a movement from patients, families, influencers and organisations around the world asking for a Day of conversation, awareness and action against dengue. Only by coming together and joining efforts we can truly break dengue.